Upon returning from a long trip, things change…it’s funny and depressing at the same time. Here are 10 reasons why backpackers usually want to leave shortly after returning home.
1. People ask you…”What was the trip like?”
2. People ask you…”You left your passport at the hostel counter?”
3. People ask you…”Why are you traveling there?”
4. Overhear McDonald’s soccer mom say…”This restroom is dirty…I will never use a public toilet”
5. Your friends are suddenly not as interesting as the 50 you just made.
6. You realize you didn’t miss TV and can’t understand why you liked it before.
7. You trade experiential food for easy food…and realize ‘easy food’ is usually crappy.
8. After realizing you travelled abroad people want to share their travel story…which is either …a honeymoon to an overpriced Caribbean resort or a cruise to a 1/4 mile stretch of city with a talented tourism board or a 10 hour port call in the Navy.
9. It’s no challenge plugging your ipod directly into the wall.
10. Leave reason #10 in the comments section and win a prize in on August 08, 2009. That’s right…Izuno Travel is holding a giveaway for some very cool travel gear, all you have to do is leave a comment on any post anytime between now and August 08, 2009 for a chance to win. You can also enter by sending us your email at email@example.com.