If you’re pack has a little extra room, I think any of these items would be a good addition to your packing list. So, here is the rundown:
1. Athletic Tape: A staple in any bag I pack for just about any trip. The versatility is endless, and of course it’s good for injuries. Just wad up a facial tissue or t.p., strap on the tape and you’ve got a band-aid. I’ve had to do that more than once.
2. Design Go LED Slimlight: More than having a bright LED for those dark hostels at 2:00 in the morning, it folds up or can be clamped on a book. Actually Design Go has some very travel friendly products that are worth a look.
3. Spoon Sisters Travel Towel: About the size of a dime, all you need to do is add water and you can have an instant towel. Maybe not a necessity, but they’re so small, it’s worth it’s weight.
4. Marmot Precip Travel Jacket: Probably one of the best water proof and lightweight jackets you can get. If you’re heading to foggy town, pack for wet weather so you’re not stuck at the hostel all day.
5. Creative Travel Sound Portable Speakers: I’ve done some research on portable speakers for a while, and for sound and size, Creative is going to have your best option. Unfortunately at the time of this post, they are sold out. Speakers are great for watching that illegal copy of ‘Apocalypto’ on the laptop with your mates.
6. Rick Steve’s Travel Wash: Sure Rick is a dork, but he’s probably more well travelled than you and I combined. So I’m sure he knows his stuff when it comes to sink laundry. This is designed to be low on suds for easy rinse and gentle on the body.
7. Muji’s World Travel Plug Adapter: If you don’t already have plug adapters, this wouldn’t be a bad option, as it is all one piece and designed to cover 150 countries electric standards. I like just about anything from Muji…good store.
8. Ohso Tooth Brush: A very cool product that takes a normal everyday item and turns it into something better when used for travelling. This is not just a toothbrush where the handle is used for the carrying case. This actually holds toothpaste and packs down at the same time…genius. Price isn’t unreasonable either.
9. Havainas Sandals: These aren’t only good for the beach, they’re good for hostel showers. Havainas actually grip just as good when they are wet…that’s why they made the list.
10. Sigg Water Bottle: I’ve posted about Sigg for a while now. They’re the new nalgene…and I’m sure they’ll be replaced someday as well, our society is very ‘pop’ when it comes to drinking water.