January 1st, 2010 by Jordan
Well, post failure of my tick list 2009, I’ve decided to try it again (with modifications of sorts) So here it is my Tic List 2010…and why I failed in 2009.
- Learn/Experience meditation practices. I’ve yet to meet anyone who fully understands meditation techniques and the possibilities that come from mediation. And surprisingly I have not discovered great material on the Internet as of today. So I’ve already got my first book, and my hope is that I’ll find something that will blow my hair back. I beleive there is something to it…I just haven’t discovered it yet.
- Be able to speak conversational Traditional Chinese….maybe Rosetta Stone? I personally think Japanese would be easier for myself, however being able to sputter out a few basics in Chinese would help me out in my own life.
- Create better content for IzunoTravel.com. My 2009 goal was to update 3 times a week, however I found myself putting up crap in order to reach that goal as I was wearing myself out. So “better content” is a more attainable goal I feel. Ideally I’d still like to increase the post rate, but not at the cost of content.
- Be more outdoorsy….specifically, get outside more and go rock climbing a couple of times, biking in Colorado at least once and don’t miss any opportunities.
- Go vegetarian for one month. (A carry over from 2009). I attempted this on more than one occasion, however it makes you realize the importance of food in our lives, as food carries more than just nutritional elements, it’s a culture and social based necessity. You realize just how much vegetarians give up for their chosen lifestyle.
- Learn more about fonts and calligraphy. (A modified carry over from 2009). As I did study quite a bit about calligraphy in 2009, I never became obsessed with it. There are those out there with tremendous knowledge of fonts, my goal is to not reach their level, but increase my current knowledge.
- Try to go 20 days straight without criticizing anyone/anything.
- Get my manuscript I’ve been writing for over 4 years now to the point I can give it to someone to read.
- And for number nine, I’ve decided to make a list of things I’d like to attempt to do in 2010 (but depends on external forces):
- eat at the Woodfire Grill in Atlanta (Kevin’s restaurant from Top Chef)
- See Jehro in Concert
- travel to three new countries
- go white water rafting
- read two classics (Catcher in the Rye and Sun Tzu’s Art of War)
- more to be added